Friday, October 14, 2011

President Obama's Philosophy Leads to Covetousness and Contempt



President Obama's Philosophy Leads to Covetousness and Contempt
Written by Scott Cooper
October 14, 2011

When I was a child, under The Reagan Administration, I was inspired to become an entrepreneur – someone who would use my gifts and talents to become all I could be and to earn as much as I possibly could, not only for self interest, but because wealth was also the source of doing good for others.  That value had a lot to do with my upbringing of course, but it was also reinforced by our president.

Today we have a President who attacks the wealthy, despite the fact they are the source of great good in our republic.  He does not commend the work they do – but criticizes them for not doing more.  He does not inspire youth to become great, because they see that leads to others coveting what everything the successful have achieved.

I could write more – but I just want to say I am thankful I grew up in the era of Ronald Reagan, for if I was a youth today – and I studied the covetous attitude of our leadership in the Whitehouse I would be greatly troubled and have a hard time moving into my future.

My prayer is that this covetous president who does not inspire success, but breeds contempt for it will be a one term president – and we will elect leaders who will encourage us to use our gifts and talents to become all God created us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment